Nikon Monarch 7 8×42 Binoculars
These are the successor models to the Monarch 7, which are Nikon’s representative binoculars that have garnered an excellent reputation around the world.
The Monarch M7 series binoculars feature a sleek exterior design, and provide a wide apparent field of view (62.2) that offers spectacular viewing. Employing extra-low dispersion (ED) glass corrects chromatic aberration that causes colour fringing, which realises a contrast-rich and high-resolution image.
Multilayer coating is applied to all lenses and prisms. Dielectric high-reflective multilayer prism coating and phase correction coating are applied to the roof prisms. All of this effectively combines to deliver a bright field of view plus natural colour fidelity. Oil- and water-repellent coating applied to the objective lens and eyepieces allows smudges like fingerprints to be easily wiped off.
Nikon Monarch M7 binoculars are ideal for bird- and nature-watching, stargazing and a host of other outdoor activities.
- Sophisticated exterior design for comfortable holding
- Extra-low dispersion (ED) glass for chromatic aberration compensation and brighter, clearer viewing
- Wide apparent field of view (62.2)
- Dielectric high-reflective multilayer prism coating ensures superior transmittance uniformity across the visible range, resulting in brighter images and more natural colours
- All lenses and prisms are multilayer-coated for brighter images
- Oil- and water-repellent coating applied to the objective lens and eyepieces allows smudges like fingerprints to be easily wiped off
- Phase-correction-coated roof prisms for high resolution
- Long eye relief design ensures a clear field of view, even for eyeglass wearers
- Dioptre adjustment ring locking system prevents unintentional rotation
- Waterproof (up to 1m/3.3 ft. for 10 minutes) and fog-free with O-ring seals and nitrogen gas
- Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups with multi-click facilitate easy positioning of eyes at the correct eyepoint
- Rubber armouring for shock resistance and a firm, comfortable grip
- Lightweight body uses fibreglass-reinforced polycarbonate resin
- Soft-to-the-touch neck strap
- Flip-down objective lens cap
- Optional tripod adapter enables attachment to a tripod [TRA-3/Adaptor H (hard type)]
Monarch 7 8×42 binoculars: Specs
- Focusing System: Central Focus
- Magnification 8x
- Objective Diameter 42mm
- Angular Field of View (Real) 8.3
- Angular Field of View (Apparent) 60.3
- FOV at 1000 yds 435 ft.
- Close Focus Distance 8.2 ft.
- Exit Pupil 5.3mm
- Relative Brightness 28.1
- Eye Relief 17.1mm
- Size (Length x Width) 5.6 x 5.1 in.
- Weight 23.6 oz.
- Phase Coating Yes
- Dielectric Coating Yes
- Waterproof/Fogproof Yes
- Prism Roof
- ED Glass Yes